Saving Your Smile with Bone Grafting at Your Dental Clinic in Surrey BC
Bone grafting is a technique performed by your dentist that can restore bone in the jaw to ensure optimal oral health. If you want to preserve your smile and your facial features, you can get bone grafting as part of your treatment at your dental clinic in Surrey BC.
Learn about bone grafting with Nordel Crossing Dental Centre, your smile solutions dentist.
Full Mouth Reconstruction for a Full and Healthy Smile
Full mouth reconstruction may be necessary if you have lost bone due to tooth loss. Your teeth and root structures do more than just complete your smile. The roots of teeth engage with the jaw, stimulating it and keeping it healthy. If you lose even a single tooth, the jaw will start to deteriorate. As bone is lost, surrounding teeth become compromised, which can lead to infections and progressive tooth loss.
Full mouth reconstruction can rebuild your smile even if you have lost several teeth and the bone that supports them. Bone grafting at your dental clinic in Surrey BC will create a stable foundation for implants or fixed bridge restorations.
When you get full mouth reconstruction, the treatment will be customized to suit your needs. The treatment may involve…
- Bone grafting to restore lost bone.
- Dental implants to replace lost teeth.
- Gum grafting to restore healthy gums.
- Bridges, fillings, crowns, or other restorations.
Full mouth reconstruction can also be combined with cosmetic treatments after healing is complete. Teeth whitening, veneers, and bonding could be performed to complete your smile.
With a talented smile solutions dentist, you can get treatments that address both the health and the aesthetic of your smile. A healthy smile is a beautiful smile that will inspire confidence.
How Does Bone Grafting Work?
Bone grafting is a specialized technique that triggers the body’s natural healing processes. There are a few key aspects of the procedure at your dental clinic in Surrey BC.
- Your dentist will use radiographic imaging to check the condition of your jawbone.
- Treatment will be planned based on how much bone is lost.
- Surgery will be scheduled.
- An incision will be made in your gums, and the soft tissue will be retracted.
- Your dentist will prepare grafting material (demineralized or mineralized materials that stimulate bone remodeling).
- The grafting material will be implanted around the remaining bone.
- A membrane will be placed above the grafting material to protect it and separate it from soft tissue.
- The gum will be closed (primary closure) or left exposed with a non-resorbable membrane, depending on the procedure.
Your body will naturally remodel the grafting material to form organic bone, integrated with the remaining healthy jaw bone. Once fully healed, you will have a healthy jawbone and gums, ready for the next stage of full mouth reconstruction.
What Happens Once New Bone is Formed?
Full mouth reconstruction with your smile solutions dentist can involve several restorative options…
- Dental implants are the gold standard for tooth replacement. Bone grafting is often performed to create a stable foundation for tooth implants.
- Sometimes your smile can be restored with crowns and bridges. Grafting will rebuild the jawbone to reverse the process of bone loss. Your dentist can then fit a dental bridge attached to your healthy teeth, to complete your smile.
- If you have lost all or most of the teeth in your mouth, your dentist can perform grafting to strengthen the ridge of the jaw, before placing All-on-4 or All-on-6 dental implants and permanent dentures.
The specific treatment plan will depend on your unique needs. It’s important that there is a detailed consultation stage with a smile solutions dentist.
At Nordel Crossing Dental Centre, we take care to plan out procedures in detail so that you know the intended outcome. Bone grafting is just one aspect of a full mouth reconstruction, but it’s one of the most important steps.
Are You Ready to See a Smile Solutions Dentist?
If you are unhappy with your smile today, you can book a consultation at your dental clinic in Surrey BC. Nordel Crossing Dental Centre is your smile solutions dentist. We are here to provide any treatment you need to restore and protect your smile for the years to come.
- We treat functional issues to ensure optimal dental health.
- We can follow with cosmetic treatments to give you the smile that you deserve.
Whether you’ve lost a single tooth or an entire arch, we can perform full mouth reconstruction and a range of other procedures to give you your full smile. Functional and aesthetic, you'll feel more confident every day.
Ready to learn more? Book your consultation at the best dental clinic in Surrey BC.