Dental crowns are an effective treatment option for teeth that have been significantly damaged through trauma or decay. Crowns can restore the shape and structure of teeth, protecting against further damage. If you need treatment from your dentist in North Delta BC, there are several options for dental crowns available to you.
Learn about the most common types of dental crowns and their unique advantages.
Why Would You Need a Dental Crown Procedure?
A dental crown procedure will be recommended when one or more teeth are severely damaged and in need of restoration.
Your dentist in North Delta BC may recommend a dental crown procedure if…
- You have a damaged or broken tooth that isn’t suited to treatment with a solo filling.
- You have a tooth treated with a large filling that needs additional protection.
- You have had root canal therapy with your dentist in North Delta BC.
- You need a dental crown to replace an older crown attached to a dental implant.
A dental crown procedure can provide long-term protection and peace of mind, especially when you visit the best dentist in North Delta BC.
All types of dental crowns can provide adequate protection to prevent infection, helping to save a natural tooth. If you are experiencing pain, or if a damaged tooth interferes with your bite, speech, or ability to chew, then it’s time to talk to your dentist in North Delta BC.
A dental crown procedure can be completed in a single visit, depending on the types of dental crowns that are suited to your case. Don’t delay when you need effective dental treatment. You can book your appointment today.
Types of Dental Crowns
The different types of dental crowns vary in terms of aesthetics and durability. There is a range of options for your dental crown procedure. Your dentist will talk you through the best materials for your restoration.
- Gold crowns are the traditional option, and gold could also be your best choice if you suffer from bruxism and there’s a risk of breakage. Gold is incredibly strong and resilient, and it’s one of the most biocompatible metals for the mouth, so the risk of irritation is low. Gold crowns are typically used for back teeth where the aesthetic isn’t the primary concern.
- Ceramic crowns are an option if you want a great appearance, or if you have a metal allergy. All-ceramic crowns aren’t as strong as metal, but they look natural and can be shade-matched to your other teeth. Ceramic crowns have a translucency that is like natural tooth enamel.
- Porcelain crowns are also incredibly natural in appearance. Porcelain is a poor heat conductor, so this material can reduce sensitivity to hot or cold food. This material is also nonreactive, so it could be the right choice if you have an allergy or hypersensitivity to metal dental components. Porcelain can be fused with gold for a natural appearance with the strength of gold.
- Zirconia crowns are another option for your dental crown procedure. This material is strong and can be made with computerized fabrication methods for same-day treatment (CAD/CAM Crowns). Zirconia crowns look great and will fit right into your smile.
Your dentist in North Delta BC will discuss all of the available options that are suited to your unique case. You’ll enjoy personalized care with a treatment plan that is focused on long-term results. You can smile without pain and with confidence when you have dental crown treatment at Nordel Crossing Dental Centre.
Same Day Restorations
Crowns have traditionally been fabricated in a laboratory, requiring at least two visits to the clinic for your restoration. With innovative CAD/CAM restorations, you can get your tooth or teeth completely restored in a single day.
This process uses digital scanning. A 3D model of your mouth and teeth is used to produce a ceramic crown in the dental office with an automated milling machine. The advantage of this procedure is that your dentist will have full control over the shape and fit of your crown. This ensures the best form and function.
If you want to learn more about same day restorations, you can book your appointment with our team today.
Get the Best Dental Crown Restorations at Your Dentist in North Delta BC
Regardless of the material used, you’ll get the best care when you visit the best dentist in North Delta BC. The team at Nordel Crossing Dental Centre is here to give you your best smile yet, with a compassionate approach and individualized treatment plans.
Book your appointment today and look forward to a restored smile and perfect oral health.